The main connection between the western city district of Pile and the rest
of the city passes through the Boninovo district, where the summer houses of Dubrovnik families (Altesti, Skočibuha, etc.) were located. The name comes from the Latin version of the name of Dobra Dobrićević (Bonino de Boninus), one of the pioneers of printing from the 16th century, who had a house here. Boninovo got its present appearance when a new wide road was built at the beginning of the 19th century, during the French occupation of Dubrovnik. At that time, the western part of Boninovo was also arranged into a new city cemetery, which serves to this day. Below the road there is a small swimming pool popular among the local population, and above it is the Slavica summer cinema, named after the first full- length film of post-war Yugoslavia. The cinema in an attractive location with a view of the open sea started its work in the summer season of 1950. In addition to film screenings, the popular cafe also attracted many visitors to Slavica, and the space was used for concerts and other events. Slavica continues to operate today and is, next to the Jadran cinema in the old city center, an ideal place for summer movie nights.