RED HISTORY MUSEUM
Discover the origins of the communist idea and how it spread around the globe and to the area of today’s Croatia.
Learn about a different kind of communism and a communist country that in the midst of the Cold War between the East and the West, between the USA and the USSR, opted for its own way - the Non-Aligned Movement.
How do people respond to paid vacation, free schooling and healthcare, when (at least in the eyes of the law) women are made equal with men, when expressing national and religious feelings or free political action is banned?
What happens when you want to turn a mostly agricultural, rural and very religious country into a predominantly industrial, urban, and atheistic one?
Experience almost half a century of life under the communist regime - from secret services and the communist party to pop culture and the development of consumer society.
For a full experience of the museum:
Download free Red History Museum application from PlayStore (Android) or AppStore (iOS)
Download links for RED HISTORY MUSEUM app:
Open the application and keep your device close – each marker
provides additional insight into our exhibits
Individual price: 50 kn
Students: 40 kn
Children up to 7 yr: 0 kn
School groups: 20 kn (per person)
* FOR GROUP VISITS PLEASE FIRST CONTACT MUSEUM TO CHECK THE AVAILABILITY
MONDAY - SUNDAY
from 10 am to 6 pm
* LAST ENTRY 5 pm
WE ARE LOCATED
...on the adress; Svetog Kriza 3, in the Carbon Graphite Products Factory - TUP premises. The factory is one of the key monuments of the socialist period in the city of Dubrovnik. It was founded in 1953 in the midst of the post-war industrialization and socialist renewal of the country. It was the leading industrial plant in Dubrovnik and, during the breakup of Yugoslavia, it helped Croatian defenders by producing and repairing weapons necessary for defense and the struggle for independence.
You can get to us by taxi, bus, car, bicycle or on foot:
1. With a taxi - tell the driver our address Svetog Kriza 3, and you will be in front of our doors in 10 minutes time from anywhere in Dubrovnik.
2. With public buses - We are situated nearby the main bus station, and depending from where you’re taking the bus you can reach us with these lines: 1A, 1B, 1C, 3, 3A, 7 and 8. Look for Hotel Petka and you will find us in a street right next to it in no time.
3. With your car - Parking can be impossible to find in Dubrovnik. The free parking spaces in our street are usually filled out early but we recommend you to park at the shopping mall Srđ parking lot. It’s the cheapest in Dubrovnik and only 2 minutes walking distance from us.
4. On foot - From the Old town, or the Lapad area, it’s an enjoyable 30 minute walk along the shaded streets of Dubrovnik. You can simply follow the main roads and the Gruž pier until you reach us. If you’re staying in Gruž it’s only a 5 - 10 minute walk to reach us.
5. By bicycle - We are the only museum in Dubrovnik with bicycle parking so feel free to ride your two wheeled pet and leave it safely in front of our doors.
If you are interested in co-operation, or would like to donate to the project, or if you just have a question for us, please use our contact form. In case you’re not fond of (contact) forms, you may contact us at: